Royal Unibrew in brief
Royal Unibrew is a leading multi-beverage company with strong local brand portfolios in our main markets in the Nordic region, the Baltic countries, Italy and France. In addition, our products are sold in more than 65 countries in the rest of the world.
We strive to offer our customers a broad portfolio of high-quality beverages, which accommodates our consumers’ demands across a wide range of categories, including beer, malt beverages, soft drinks, energy drinks, cider/RTD, juice, water, wine and spirits.
Our portfolio includes brands like Faxe Kondi, Original Long drink, LemonSoda, Novelle, Faxe, Lorina, Vitamalt, Kalnapilis etc., and in addition to our own brands, we offer license-based international brands from PepsiCo and Heineken in Northern Europe.
We want to be THE PREFERRED CHOICE as local beverage partner that challenge the status quo by doing better every day in a fun, agile and sustainable way, creating good and enjoyable moments for our consumers.
Results for 2021 and outlook for 2022
Highest EBIT ever despite some capacity issues, a challenged supply chain, increasing raw material prices and COVID-19 impacts.
Developments in 2021
- Strong performance in both On-Trade and Off-Trade leading to increased market shares in our key markets
- Organic EBIT growth of 6%. Reported EBIT growth of 9%. EBIT 12% above 2019
- Strong free cash flow of DKK 1,296 million, down by 8% when compared to an extraordinary high free cash flow in 2020
- Earnings per share up from DKK 24.1 to DKK 26.5 (+10%)
- In 2021, total distribution to shareholders was DKK 1,235 million up by 30%
- A dividend of DKK 14.50 per share for 2021 (2020: DKK 13.50) is proposed to the AGM
- A new share buy-back program of DKK 300 million is initiated