Royal Unibrew is a leading beverage provider in a number of markets – primarily in Northern Europe, Italy and in the international malt beverage markets.
We produce, market, sell and distribute quality beverages with focus on branded products within beer, malt beverages and soft drinks as well as cider and long drinks.
Our main markets are Denmark, Finland, Italy and Germany as well as Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. To these should be added the international markets comprising a number of established markets in the Americas region and major cities in Europe and North America as well as emerging markets in for example Africa.
In all of our multi-beverage markets, we offer our customers strong and locally based brands. Based on continuous development and innovation, it is our objective to meet customer demand for quality beverages.
In addition to our own brands, we offer licence-based international brands of the PepsiCo and Heineken Groups in the Northern European markets.
Results for 2017 and outlook for 2018
The positive development continued in Royal Unibrew in 2017
Developments in 2017
- Best results ever in spite of poor summer weather
- Positive development in net revenue and earnings
- Market shares generally maintained
- EBITDA margin and EBIT margin increases
- ROIC excluding goodwill up from 28% to 32%
- Expected distribution to shareholders of DKK 870 million allocated on
- Dividend of DKK 8.90 per share (2016: DKK 8.15)
- New share buy-back programme of DKK 400 million (2016: DKK 560 million)
- Royal Unibrew maintain the strategic flexibility
Outlook for 2018
Medium-term EBIT target increased from 16% to about 17%